Rail based ecology management
As a result of our works on the infrastructure, such as vegetation clearance, we employed our own in-house ecologists. Initially, these were used in the delivery of our own works, but in recent years we have expanded the service to external clients.
All full PTS holders, our ecologists are able to undertake ecological assessments, surveys and reports through to providing watching briefs where required.
We adopt a ‘real world’ approach to our ecological works, always trying to provide solutions to our clients whilst observing current best practice and of course legislation.
Specifically, our recent ecology works included:
- Extended phase 1 habitat surveys and phase 2 protected species surveys.
- Ecological Impact Assessments
- Production of Biodiversity Mitigation Plans.
- Disturbance, damage and closure of Badger setts under licence.
- Reptile translocation schemes.
- Acting as the Suitably Qualified Ecologist for the purposes of BREEAM, CfSH and CEEQUAL assessments.
- Bat surveys including activity transects, emergence surveys, roost surveys (currently hold a Level 2 CL18 bat licence) and analysis of data from remote monitoring devices (time expansion and Anabat data files).
- Ecological Clerk of Works.
- IT, GIS mapping and data management for the consultancy.
- Providing support and training on MapInfo GIS and Microsoft Access software to partner companies
We are able to offer services ranging from individual sites to whole projects. We are also able to work with client teams to provide briefings and tool box talks to ensure compliance with agreed methodology and best practice.